Friday, May 23, 2008

Well. Not Well?


The abundance of reality T.V., junk food, and hap-hazard text messages from random "buddies" is beginning to irritate me. Is summer always a transitional period for those of us who haven't graduated from college?
With the help of my all but sober parents I've finally decided on a major/minor and a location. Stuck on the thought that both my willingness and desire far exceed my ability, I wonder if things will really work out this time? I have come to the conclusion that I am cursed in all areas of my life other then "chillin' " . Family is a misunderstanding, romance is a mystery if not a myth, and money and/or having a large amount and no bills to pay is quite a ridiculous thought. Friendship has never been my strong suit. With the uplifting thought of finishing school and receiving a degree carrying the corners of my mouth into a smile I'm forced into a focused frenzy. With one job and the ongoing search for another I crave busy-ness.
I'm so sick of hiding my interests and being faulted for my thoughts. I was the little educated black girl who liked art and REAL music way before it was cool. Now people want to tie scarves around there necks and wear clothes that actually fit them and believe they are doing something new. I wore my mother's scarves from Paris in the third grade. I'm not a fashonista or a style icon but at least I'm true to myself. I'm happy with myself as work in progress.

That major/minor/location combo from earlier is Public Relations/Creative Writing/ @Eastern Mich. . Plans of being an editor/publisher are in the works.

Where is my Prince Charming?

No comments: